Subject: [Leica] RE ASPHERICAL LENSES 35 vs 35 asph
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small <)
Date: Thu Nov 18 08:42:44 2004

At 07:21 AM 11/18/04 -0700, John Collier wrote:

>Weren't Leica the first to use aspherical elements in a production
>lens? (50/1.2 Noctilux). They developed press moulding to reduce the
>production costs of quality aspherical elements (not cheap
>plastic/glass hybrid stuff). Hardly behind the game in my opinion.

To be fair, John, Leica purchased the rights to this press molding
technology from Docter Optics Technologies of Wetzlar, Germany.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] RE ASPHERICAL LENSES 35 vs 35 asph)