Subject: [Leica] How to fill a church in Denmark: have a Kletzmer concert!
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Nov 15 12:06:03 2004

When I was in Copenhagen two weeks ago, some friends dragged me to a
Kletzmer concert. Kletzmer music has become very popular in Denmark in
recent years; and since the godless Danes do not go to church much,
churches are often used for non-religious events. So it was here: the
group Mazel played in a suburban church on a Sunday afternoon. The place
was packed, and I bet the pastor was a bit envious, since there had been
at most 10-15 people at the services that morning.

As always, I was snapping away, and here are the results:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexkletzmer.html

The band is a local Copenhagen outfit, called Mazel.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands