Subject: [Leica] revisiting Monument Valley with a panorama
From: mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan)
Date: Thu Nov 18 05:17:21 2004

Adam,

Really good shot, particularly because its a very photographed area
that we all know and you've managed to still obtain a strong compelling
image that has impact.

Only subjective critical thing to say - although hindsight is a
wonderful thing - the road is distracting and so is the fence. This
should be a 'timeless' image, so the fence dates it. Because the clouds
'make' the picture, it might have been worthwhile going over to the
fence to shoot, which would have eliminated the fence and road.

In the film-world, the term mis-en-scene basically means that every
single element in the frame means something and contributes to the
central story/action. When this is translated into stills photography,
it means, when we have the time to do so, check every bit of the frame
to see if the small parts contribute to the bigger picture or distract.

That aside, very nice. It's a 'wish I was there moment'.

Thanks, Matt

On 16 Nov 2004, at 2:52, Adam Bridge wrote:

> After posting some digital images I'm now working on my slides and
> black and white images that I shot on the trip to the south-west.
>
> This is a three-panel panorama taken within five miles of the entrance
> to the Navajo Triball Park at Monument Valley.
>
> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-October/
> MonumentValleyPanorama.jpg>
>
> This is the first one I've put together that I feel pretty good about.
> Tricky process even with the help of Photoshop CS.
>
> This image was shot with the M6ttl, 50mm 'cron, red filter, on TMAX
> 100, processed in XTOL 1:3.
>
> Comments, thoughts, suggestions, most welcome.
>
> Adam

  Matt Morgan
  Development Producer
  Electric Pictures Pty Ltd
  Ph: ????+ 61 89 339 1133
  Fax: ??+ 61 89 339 1183
www.electricpictures.com.au

CAUTION - This message and any files transmitted with it may
  contain sensitive and confidential information intended only for the
  use of the addressee named above. ?Please do not disseminate this
  information to additional parties, without the consent of the sender.

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] revisiting Monument Valley with a panorama)