Subject: [Leica] Using Leica at -15F or -25C What about the Hasselblad s in space?
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 06:32:58 2004

Yes they did leave the spacecraft, and most are still on the surface of
the moon.  They were produce, I believe without lubrication so they would
not freeze up.

Gene

I understand that the Apollo missions took Hasselblads with them to the
moon.  Does anyone know if they ever left the spaceship unprotected?  I'd
love to find out if they coped with alternating between temperatures in
the
shade close to absolute zero and full unfiltered direct sunlight with
brain
frying levels of ionizing radiation.

Neil