Subject: [Leica] Dodgy RD-1 focus (was Nikon's profits tripled)
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Nov 25 11:37:53 2004

Hii Ian,
I suppose it could well be a duff example. Joseph Yao said there have
been delays in supply and Howard's R-D1 which I saw in Hong Kong had a
rangefinder which was off at infinity, and I believe he had a long wait
for a replacement, but the pictures from it seemed great to me.
Normally manufacturers check that their review items are at the highest
possible standard before submitting them.
The reviewer was really enthusiastic about the camera up to the point
at which he was unable to reliably focus wide open.
Perhaps I should take the plunge but haven't really got the heart for a
return saga if I am unlucky.
Frank