Subject: [Leica] The problem with Iraq ....
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 09:29:48 2004

Kyle,

You should have a talk with your friend, there has to be tons of stuff to
shoot over there.

Gene

I have a friend currently living in Iraq on the governments dime. I've
been
berating him lately for not taking many photos (he has two leicas for
crying
out loud) and he replied that there's nothing in Iraq worth photographing
(he's been there for 18 months now) and that if I wanted to know what it
was
like trying to take photos, I should take photos of my walk to work. I
said
I would if he did.

I did this morning.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/2004/2004-11-29-my-walk-to-work/2/

He sent me some photos of a bunch of soldiers sweeping a road. He was
right,
my walk to work was more interesting.

Kc