Subject: Was: [Leica] Canon 20D ;-) Now Minolta 7D and OT
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Fri Dec 3 07:40:04 2004

I recently sold my 1st version 35/1.4 aspherical and used the proceeds to
pay for a new Minolta 7D DSLR along with a Minolta 35/1.4 AF lens.  I still
have bundles of money left over from the sale.   I've had the camera for
about a day, and I'll be able to comment on it in a more meaningful way in
a few days (damn weather).   I can say this about the camera.  It has
anti-shake builtin to the body, and it really works.  I have a several
examples of very sharp hand held photos at speeds typically around 1/6 to
1/10 second with my 35, 50 and 100mm lenses.  I haven't yet tried out my 85
or 200, but I don't expect to be dissapointed.  So all my lenses are now
image stabilized.

But I'd like to point out that based on the sample shots Ive taken with the
new 35 (and it too is aspherical, and may even be the old fashioned ground
type), it appears to be every bit as good as my old aspherical, especially
wide open.  It is an expensive lens, by Minolta standards (and it's huge),
but was a fraction of what I paid for (and sold for) the Leica lens.

-dan c.

At 08:20 AM 03-12-04 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:
[snip]
>I ended up going back and forth between the
>Minolta 9000 whatever and the Nikon F100, and the Nikon won out for the
>range of available lenses, and the features for cost ratio. That Minolta
>body was a true stunner, but I was concerned about the limited number -
>and aperture speed - of the lenses.
[snip]>

Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Canon 20D ;-))