Subject: [Leica] Fw: OT HP 7690 Print Longevity
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 5 15:55:58 2004

Daniel Ridings said:
> Except if you're printing b/w with color inks ... and don't want them to
> be "toned" but want them to be b/w ... THAT is a tedious task. I've been
> struggling with the Epson R800 and now have a combination that works, but
> getting rid of that color cast has cost a couple of sets of ink.<<<<

Hi Daniel,
I don't have experience with your machine, but the 2200 uses B&W inks for
B&W prints, Although I suspect for some reason some colour ink filters in
some how.

But we find B&W off with certain paper other than EPSON if we forget to
click "black ink" and go with the coloured inks creating the black printing
ink.

Generally I go with "Black matte ink" for matte papers and sometimes a
slight contrast tweaking and they work very nicely without any cast.

ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Fw: OT HP 7690 Print Longevity)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Fw: OT HP 7690 Print Longevity)
Message from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Fw: OT HP 7690 Print Longevity)