Subject: [Leica] Fw: OT HP 7690 Print Longevity
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 5 15:35:59 2004

Richard offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: OT HP 7690 Print Longevity

>I think the difference is that out of the box, they can make beautiful
>prints, but once you start to try to get the EXACT color match, it will be
>all downhill from there. Prefer to spend a fortune and lots of frustration
>to get the things just right, while it still may not be any more beautiful
>than the click the print button and be done with it method :-)<<<<

Hi Richard,
If one looks at this way... if the colour is so sensitive that it must be
exact, fine, then the photographer or graphic designer requires "a perfect
reproduction colour" Therefore it becomes fidelities until it's right on the
mark. No problem.

However, the majority of us on this list, pros or not, in most cases can
click  "print" and anyone would be totally blown away with the quality out
of the box. Why? Well anytime I've hit print even from a slide scan the
print looks so damn close there's absolutely no point in spending more time
trying to make it better."

I know some folks suffer from perfectittes, so be it, they can fiddle. I
unfortunately, have more to do with my time than screwing around trying to
match something when no one else would know the slightest difference.  ;-)

Besides it's a heck of a lot more fun shooting than fiddling a colour no one
will appreciate that you just spent a pile of bucks and sleepless nights
over trying to get the colour perfect. Even more surprisingly, they'll
fiddle when the print actually looks better than their original shot in
colour. ;-)  KISS baby that's what it's all about! Life is way too short
some days for fiddling.

ted

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Fw: OT HP 7690 Print Longevity)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Fw: OT HP 7690 Print Longevity)