Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Module R sensor vs EOS 1D IIS
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Dec 8 20:03:50 2004

Emanuel Lowi responded to::

 > Ted Grant wrote:
> >> or are flailing around lost in a world of yesterday
>> while the space age speed of other companies     >
> past them by completely.<<<<<

Emanuel offered:
> Yes, but is that their fault, or the fault of the
> opinion-spinners in this world of today who have
> identified space age speeds as a necessary positive? <<<,,,,

I suppose the spin doctors are to blame for some over hype of the digital
age and unfortunately crazy idea of "we need it yesterday therefore shoot
digital" and catch-up syndrome. It isn't right.

But then many a night was spent after shooting film, souping, then over
night in trays making 200 8X10 prints "supposedly required for 9 a.m. the
next morning panic delivery." Done and delivered on time only to find two
days later prints were sitting in exactly the same spot on the clients desk
and never touched. So speed and spin doctors, digital and film are the same
thing when one sells themselves as a professional service.

> I wonder...  Particularly as some of the LUG is now
> engaged in a discussion of the pleasures of the AC
> Cobra, a vehicle quite delightfully primitive by the
> standards of today's supercars.<<<,,

Yeah but that's the LUG and why it's such an interesting and never ending
collision of ideas, subjects and attitudes of what makes the world spin. And
if we didn't get into these things once in a while it probably would become
as dead as many other lists about the world.

See, it's actually a wonderful Leica learning location, even on the days
when the word Leica never appears.

It's where Leica users can praise, talk about and vent spleen's at Leica,
about Leica and everything Solms should, " sometimes, maybe, possibly listen
to, but don't even do if they did listen." And yes 99.9% of suggestions
can't or couldn't be done in any event because many things are controlled by
international monetary situations or internal, therefore Leica can't do what
they want in any event no matter how wonderful a LUG suggestion may or may
not be. Or something like that. :-)
ted