Subject: [Leica] Database keywords for web help?
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Fri Dec 10 00:54:15 2004

1. Size wise
Depends on what forum you are loadin them into or your own web page.  A
picture at 72 dpi and 7-800 pixel wide is a faily large picture usual screen
setting for af graphic minitor is 1000x 1200 so at 800 pixel wide you will
only have 400 oixel left for the border etc. on your desktop.

For svanning to the web I usually make a large scan then need say 20 mb ore
20 cm at 300 dpi I do all my photoshop work on the large sizeand save it in
rgb in tif format - alwasy save your original images in Tif never jpg.

When I am satisfied I do a final save and then I downsize the image using
image size to 72 dpi and 700pixels wide. The I press the save for web option
in the file menu and choose the best maximum jpg setting and press save - I
get an option were I whant to store the file. After that Photoshop jumps
back to the illustration you just down sizes -if you close it do not save it
as it will overwrite your original large image fil. If you forgot to save it
befor you downsized it use the history pallet to go bac to the large size
and save it.

I do not use easy scan program but it will probably be ok until you get more
in control - after that there are some very powerfull scanning programms on
the market

look forward to se your post and good luck
Ruben