Subject: [Leica] Re:NOW: SAVING DIGITAL IMges:
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Dec 20 20:44:51 2004

Ted,

With your 20D shooting RAW is really no problem in terms of speed. And
if you wish, you can shoot both JPEG and RAW at the same time--that was
you will have a JPEG image with all the auto settings applied and a RAW
image to work on later, should it be necessary.

One reason for shooting RAW is the flexibility it gives you. I just
joined a stock agency and they require a minimum filesize of 48 MB. I
can easily upsample my images in PS CS, but if I worked with JPEG, that
would not be possible (or rather it would be possible to upsample that
much but it would not meet their quality criteria). One of my favourite
early digital shots is the image of the little boy in Copenhagen looking
at a lingerie ad; I had the hardest time converting that image to B&W so
it would decent as a print. How I wish I had shot RAW that day (it was
during my first week with the 10D).

I shoot only RAW now.

Nathan

--