Subject: [Leica] London challenge shoot
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Wed Dec 29 03:35:08 2004

On 29 de dic de 2004, at 1:31, Ted Grant wrote:

> However, this series defies the logic of the 2 hour concept simply
> because, unless these people have more than weekend photo warrior
> experience shooting on the street, to go out and try shooting serious
> photographs within a 2 hour period is beyond me. Particularly when the
> photos were going to be shown around the world.

In some way it's like the PAW project, shooting during a limited amount
of time, then choose one frame. Not everything is as good as we can do,
sometimes under our personal standards, at least if we play fairly.

Certainly I won't join to a challenge like this one -it's pointless for
me except as a game-, but if anyone is brave enough to do it an show
his results, I will try to be constructive.

>  Quite frankly I've seen far better results than this at a local
> amateur camera club. And I mean a real amateur group with next to
> nothing of experience!

I agree but I never asked to anyone in a club how they took the
picture, on the other hand I never said that those pictures were great,
street photography may sound quite easy but in fact the only thing
quite easy in that is to waste time.

> Right now there are more posts just ragging these folks and I bet they
> had no idea what kind of "warfare they were about to step into with
> their results!" :-)

yeh, I only can recommend going out putting their shutter to work,
request critique, and watching other people work, masters or not.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Message from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] London challenge shoot)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] London challenge shoot)