Subject: [Leica] Re: OT Tsunami Foto Sequence
From: mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan)
Date: Wed Dec 29 15:43:07 2004

We make documentary films for television. One of the films we are
currently completing is a personal journey of a journalist who gets
behind the conflict in Aceh and lives with the rebels during this
terrible, suppressed conflict in Indonesia. One problem we've had in
talking about this project around the world is that most people have
never heard of Aceh. Of course now, Aceh is on the map in the most
unfortunate of ways.

When looking at the people in the footage - shot a year ago in areas
that are closed to the outside world - I wonder how these people have
been affected and how many are still there.

Its very easy to just see numbers from afar of cultures we don't know,
but this film gets under the skin of the people, so for us, it gives
the enormity of the situation for the locals in the areas a human
dimension.

Matt