Subject: [Leica] Re: OT Tsunami Foto Sequence
From: alex at vanhulsenbeek.com (Sander van Hulsenbeek)
Date: Wed Dec 29 00:40:54 2004

Thanks,

We were in Sri Lanka and witnessed the same. Had we not gone for breakfast
and stayed in our groundfloor room 5 minutes longer, this mail would not
have been sent.

Sorry: no photo's: all gear (M7, 4 lenses, 2 digicameras) washed out to sea.
But we are unharmed, and what are a few camera's then?

An other hotelguest took some pictures and if I get them I will post them.
But what we saw was prtty similar to the pictures Dan pointed too.

The devastation on the Sri Lanka Southcoast was terribel. We saw very little
as the police closed off the hotel area. Perhaps for the better. We waited a
day and a half on a little hill next to the hotel, slept in a monastery, and
then were evacuated.

During the nightly busride, and only where the bus was allowed on the
coastal road, we saw chaos everywhere. A sight not to forget.

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam
Holland

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Re: OT Tsunami Foto Sequence)