Subject: [Leica] Q about Summicron 2/50 tab version
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Thu Dec 30 08:18:37 2004

Dear Luggers,

I have been shooting a lot with this lens lately (serial #3166XXX), both on
Agfa Scala and on Kodak BW400CN. Whilst scanning I discovered that a lot of
my shots are not tack sharp when taken wide open at f2.

Could this be due to the fact that I tend to focus and then reframe (in
portraits f.i.)? In other words, is this lens known to be sharp in center,
but slightly off focus at the edges (+ also slight vignetting)?

Or is this due to the narrow DOF when wide open: a difference of an inch or
so after reframing, resulting in not being razorsharp?

Ofcourse it could also be that my RF isn't set accurately, but I doubt this,
since the camera was CLAd 2 months ago by one of the few technicians left in
my area that know how to handle these beauties.

I'm slightly short sighted (-0.5 dioptry), but I also doubt that this has
any affect on focusing accurately at about 1 to 2 metres.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Philippe

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Q about Summicron 2/50 tab version)