Subject: [Leica] Q about Summicron 2/50 tab version
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Thu Dec 30 12:02:00 2004

Hi Philippe, I asked a similar Q way back when since there IS a slight
difference in distance when you focus and reframe, however small. Among
other people, uncle Ted basically answered that "just focus and shoot and
don't worry about it." So I just focus and shoot and not worry about it. In
my experience of shooting a lot at F1.4 to F2, any focusing error is mine.
Some times due to the lighting and the patch is not as clear as it can be
or fast motion, I know I am "guessing" a bit and those are the ones where
the focus may be slightly off. When I think I nail the focus, then it does
seem that way. I use. the .72x VF and although I have the 90/2AA, 95% of my
shots are the 35/50 combo. My eyesight is not the greatest and while I
don't need glasses to drive, I definitely need reading glasses to read
anything "small." :-(

FWIW

use richard at imagecraft.com)