Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Mon Jan 3 01:13:09 2005

On 3 de ene de 2005, at 8:39, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

>  All the F series cameras are at least as well made as the Leicas I
> have seen, take incredible abuse without anything happening to them.

My F (original) took incredible abuse from me, and Im the third owner.
Before I had it, was for 10 years traveling across the atlantic in a
sailing boat, perhaps the worsest environment for a camera (with an F2
w/photomic wich is still working fine), and before that getting
assignments into war zones, mainly in Africa.

It was given to me at mid 80's then started to came to the mountains,
shooting loads of rolls and suffering all  weather conditions hiking or
climbing, even stone falls. My F is still working, has marks of use and
one dent in the top plate, but still there, never failed.

> A CLA once in 10-15 years is all it requires to keep in excellent
> working order.

Mine hasn't needed nothing. Nowadays, low shutter speeds seems to need
a slight adjustement, and the focusing screen is a bit dark, all the
rest is working nice. I cannot ask for more in a camera.

In the other hand, my M6 shutter failed after 3 years of intense use...
but that does not make it a worser camera, or the F a better one, they
are just things that happen with mechanical devices.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from jefferys at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] BESSA R3A or M7)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] WAS BESSA R3A or M7...now quality)