Subject: [Leica] OT: Palpal scam
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Mon Jan 24 10:42:41 2005

Forgive me if this is off-topic, but I just received a very official
looking email from what appears to be Paypal, informing me that there are
irregularities in my account, and included a real looking link to click on
to rectify the problem.

The email is BOGUS, and if I had actually clicked on the link (which was
not from paypal at all), it undoubtedly would have asked me to login to my
account, instantly providing someone with everything they needed to rob me
blind.

be careful,

-dan c.

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] OT: Paypal scam)