Subject: [Leica] scanning B&W film
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer)
Date: Thu Jan 27 09:51:18 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:45:39 +0100 (MET), Daniel Ridings
<daniel.ridings@edd.uio.no> wrote:
> You might look at:
>
> http://www.scantips.com/
>
> I have to agree with Wade. The Minolta is difficult to work with for b/w.
> I did it for a couple of years but finally bought Nikon's 5000 a couple of
> months ago.
>
> You _can_ get it to work though, for most films. I never succeeded with
> Tri-X. I'm going back to old Tri-X negatives now and rescanning them with
> the Nikon scanner.

Is there a viable flat-bed option for 35mm B&W?  I probably won't
upgrade this film scanner anytime soon since I do get reasonable
results from color slide and negative film.  I do need to get a
flatbed to handle a variety of needs including scanning a fairly wide
variety of negative formats, so if I have to spend a bit more to get
one that does a reasonable job with 35mm, I'm willing to go that
route.

Glenn

Message from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] scanning B&W film)