Subject: [Leica] Epson R-D1 first full day impressions.
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Jan 28 08:35:42 2005

What this inquiring mind wants to know is why someone with no real
experience using a rangefinder goes out and buys a $3K digital
rangefinder that has gotten so-so reviews at best, along with three-
count 'em - three Leica lenses? If I hadn't seen these photos I'd swear
this was a troll. ;-)

And as to the camera - or rangefinders - being lousy for shooting action
- no 10, with the two kids frozen in mid-air and blurred instructor
belies that - as does the work of, oh, David Douglas Duncan, HCB, Robert
Capa, Larry Burrows, Henri Huet, to name just a few. ;-)