Subject: [Leica] VERY OT - Military Jokes, anecdotes etc
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Feb 28 05:34:30 2005

Hello everyone,
I'm at present researching a book on "humour in the face of adversity".

If anyone has any funny, strange, outright weird or just plain strange
stories,
jokes, anecdotes, military blunders or tall stories from any of the wars,
1st,
2nd, Nam, cold war, Gulf or from peacetime military service or even links to
appropriate sites then please let me know.

The same too with respect to dictatorships and similar political systems,
right
or left, such as the Warsaw pact,Cuba, Nazi Germany, South America, South
Africa. From Colonial Empires in Asia and Africa and elsewhere.

If you think that your stories are politically un-correct, racist, sexist
discriminatory or downright disgusting don't hesitate to send them too, even
war
criminals and dictators must have had their own kind of humour, however
revolting it may have been. Sick jokes sometimes show up the worst of the
situation - the worse it gets, the harder the jokes.

As this has nothing to do with anything even remotely resembling photography
would appreciate any material you may have to be sent to me off-list. at
ammonite@gmx.de

Thanks in advance
Douglas