Subject: [Leica] Re:3rd time a charm?
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Fri Mar 4 14:43:41 2005

Look, if the electronics have a *perceived* (and possibly actual)
useful life of just 2-5 years before replacement/upgrade, then yes,
we want plastic, cheap gone in 5 years Leica.

What's the point of placing  a few hundred $$ worth of electronics
with a relatively short shelf life in a $2.5K body  that will last 50
years?  Just makes absolutely no sense.

This does not apply to Leica film bodies, of course.

Scott

[snip]