Subject: maine photographic workshops, was Re: [Leica] Getting a Photography degree
From: juanbuhler at gmail.com (Juan Buhler)
Date: Sun Mar 20 21:13:00 2005

In 2003 I took Peter Turnley's workshop in Paris, part of the Maine
photo workshops. I couldn't recommend it more, but I guess it is up to
you how much you make of it. For me, it was a great experience, I got
to know Peter during those two weeks (we are still in touch, on and
off), and I learned a lot about my shooting. His editing of my
pictures initially didn't make sense to me, but as the days passed I
realized that he was seeing something that over the years I had
seen--occassionally--in my pictures. The start os a "style," if you
will, although that sounds too pretentious.

Anyway--I might take the workshop again, if I happen to be near Paris
next time he teaches it.

BTW, some of the pictures I took then are here:

http://www.jbuhler.com/html/pda.html
(most are M6 / Summicron 50 on Tri-X, so on topic)

Cheers,

--
Juan Buhler
http://www.jbuhler.com