Subject: [Leica] Taking v Making
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Mar 30 15:50:05 2005

At 11:45 AM -0800 05.3.30, Feli wrote:
>Anyone shoot their M7 in a very humid environment?
>I mean REALLY humid, as in monsoon humid.

As in Japan monsoon season humid? In Japan, we all have camera
storage vaults. The inexpensive ones are just giant sealed plastic
tubs. The expensive ones are fancy glass cabinets. Throw in a couple
satchets of dehumidifying and anti-fungus satchets.  Fuji makes a
nice anti-fungus agent that they sell in Japan.  I keep the giant
dehumidifying satchets from my "nori" (seaweed) cans. I recharge them
everynow and then by sticking them in my oven.

Get a hygrometer and make sure that the humidity is reasonable. Don't
make it too dry or all the leather (straps, cases) will dry out and
crack. Take your cameras for a spin every now and then. The sunlight
will kill any fungus too.

Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/

--