Subject: [Leica] OT: Computers
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Sun Apr 10 14:04:54 2005

Roger,

I have used both Macs and Windows boxes pretty extensively, so perhaps
I can contribute something useful.

As far as raw speed is concerned, I believe that PCs generally deliver
more bang for the buck, HOWEVER, this assumes that the PC is never ever
connected to the Internet.

In other words, I feel the Mac's advantages come down more to its
current lack of Trojan Horses, spyware, and destructive viruses, as
well as the Unix-based operating system's far greater stability versus
Windows. As for peripherals, I have never lacked for Mac support.

Will von Dauster