Subject: [Leica] R9 eTTL flash
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Apr 14 18:31:58 2005

I've been getting excellent results from employing the R8's flashmeter
mode F (R9 has it too).  The image (little birds in puddles) has
included water at a low angle of incidence and the flash light was
bouncing off and not returning to the camera for correct TTL
measurements.  Some pics were overexposed with too much flash.  So,
I've been using F mode and a grey card to accurately assess the right
amount of flash, then switching to P or M modes and letting TTL do it's
thing but with the maximum amount of flash throttled back according to
the tests I did in F mode.  Works beautifully.

Rick.