Subject: [Leica] Re: B.D. PAWS
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Apr 18 20:32:44 2005

My photographing abilities, if one can call them that, is nothing but
snapshoting compared to Kyle's of course, but the reasoning should not be
hard to fathom. It is much easier to opine rather than take pictures. So
the suggestion is to do PAW or keep pushing that shutter. It is easy to
meet your LUG pals and share a beer or a glass of whiskey and snap pictures
of each other across the tables and call it a day. It is easy to go to the
streets and snap pictures of passerbys and call it street photography. It
is easy to sneak up on street bums and snap pictures of them and then sneak
off and call it the plight of the street people. It is hard to construct a
photograph like Kyle. It's hard to walk in the Rose of the Shires and see
the same scenes that GB does. It's hard to wait like a fly on the wall day
in and day out to do the ICU pictures that Steve takes. It's hard to take
pictures of street people with a heart and compassion, and not just still
life subjects. We know there are people down and out. What do the street
bums people show? Their pain and suffering? What stories are being told?

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Re: B.D. PAWS)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re: B.D. PAWS)