Subject: [Leica] The Hitchhikers' Guide To the Galaxy: To Be Avoided
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Sun May 1 19:18:55 2005

Ah, but Marc, as a fan you should go back and read the interviews with
Mr. Adams in which he addresses the very subject of the "British-ness"
of the Guide. His claim was always that there was only one character
who should spout British-ness (including humour) and that is Arthur
Dent. Remember, he did write the screenplay for this movie.

This sci-fi/british humor geek can appreciate the movie as another
variation of a brilliant book (which did come before the radio show,
if you remember). Its all just entertainment in the end.

Oh, for those who are familiar with all this mess, I was particularly
happy seeing both Simon Jones and Bill Nighy cast in the movie - very
good British moves in my opinion.

Dave