Subject: [Leica] Sean Reid looks at fast lenses on the R-D1
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu May 12 06:03:25 2005

>Didier Ludwig wrote:
>>I agree the article is very interesting, thanks for the link. Nothing
>>really new in the f1 to f1.5 sector, but it confirms once more the
>>superior sharpness of the 'Lux ASPH lenses wide open and in the corners;
>>with the 50 Nokton as runner-up and the old fast Canons as the masters of
>>softness and vignetting.
>
>I'm not so sure this confirms what you are saying. Remember ... this was a
>test on a digital camera. There were no "corners" since the crop factor
>(smaller sensor) left them outside the frame.
>Not that I'm disputing what you say about the Leica lenses, that they are
>best out in the corners, but this test doesn't prove it. Other tests do.
>Daniel

Daniel
It's not the full-frame's corners, but the corners of the cropped field I
spoke about. And even there the Leica ASPH lenses perform better. On the
the full frame corners (on film) the difference is logically even bigger.
And vignetting with wide angles is an issue on the R-D1, too, as many
reported.
Didier

Message from miki at arbos.net (MIKIRO) ([Leica] Sean Reid looks at fast lenses on the R-D1)
Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Sean Reid looks at fast lenses on the R-D1)