Subject: [Leica] OT: canon 1dsII now has a wireless network transmitter
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Fri May 20 22:46:11 2005

As a "producer/publisher" of images I would have to second Nathans
statement! I will go a very long way to avoid getting jpgs images into my
workflow as it has many faults and the show up as soon as you convert,
change mode or do any other alternation to the picture. Colour management on
jpgs files do not handle as will as on tiffs and the more work you can do in
RAW before converting it into Tiff the better.
Our standar policy on recieving digital pictures for our books and magazines
is that we return jpgs to the sender with the essage to deliver the files
either as raw or as tiff. I find jpgs acceptable for showing on wep pages
but otherwise i do not bother using them.
Best
Ruben