Subject: [Leica] Leica] The Future of Film (B&H)
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sun Jun 19 06:25:50 2005

I  read Nathan's comment about B&H Camera in New York. I am able to
judge camera shops having worked at Willoughby's back in the late 60s
while in High School and college. Commercial photography just did not
allow me to keep body and soul together. Over the years I have shopped
in many places finally settling on Adorama because a chap with whom I
worked at Willoughby's worked there. In any event, when they did not
propose a "fair deal" on a trade -in and really weren't truthful (face
to face) with me, I went to B&H and haven't looked back. I needed a
copy of a sales slip for a warranty repair, and it was emailed to me
eo instante- their prices are low and fair. Their trade-ins are not
great but higher than Adorama. Finally, being that they are NOT on
commission (we were at the big W), they take their time when working
with you. Now I am not speaking of mail order, I have the privilege of
being in New York and can see them- but I find them a good
establishment and recommend them highly. They are worth a visit just
to look at their "system" of handling customers. A series of overhead
baskets move items from one place to another- absolutely ingenious.
vroger

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Leica] The Future of Film (B&H))
Reply from brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly) ([Leica] Leica] The Future of Film (B&H))
Reply from msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Leica] The Future of Film (B&H))