Subject: [Leica] Leica love fest... from Luminous Landscape!
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Jul 25 23:16:16 2005

On 26 Jul 2005 at 7:05, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> While nobody will dispute the excellence of Leica glass and the beauty
> of the Leica M concept (that is after all why most of us are here), I
> don't think the article is particularly good, and the photos used to
> illustrate it are mediocre at best (actually I think they are pretty
> awful).

Something about this doesn't ring true.  If the quality of his images
is the be-all and end-all of his existence, then why is he working
with miniature-format cameras at all?  Certainly Leica lenses are top
rank, but the kind of stuff he's shooting is more naturally suited so
a larger negative, and 35mm Efke25 behind a `cron, as lovely as it
is, is going to be simply blown away by 4x5 Efke25 behind a
SuperAngulon or any of  half-dozen other high-end optics.  Can't beat
square inches for the kinds of subjects he's shooting.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Leica love fest... from Luminous Landscape!)