Subject: [Leica] PAW and posting pictures
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Aug 25 20:51:43 2005

I am not sure why you don't want to announce your PAWs. If it is because
you don't think they are "good enough" then showing them and getting
comments is one way to get better at it. I really do not see the logic
of going to the trouble of posting pictures on a web site and not
telling people about them.

Yes, many people (including me) will often look and move on without
comment, but that is to be expected--we all have our own lives and
commenting on every posted picture is simply not feasible for most of
us. I comment on-list on the pictures where I think I have something to
say that is of interest to others (such as my comment on Neil's Hassidic
Jew picture the other day); I sent an off-list "great shot" comment to
the poster if an image particularly impresses me but I have no
constructive critique to give (this often happens with Graham's or
Steve's pictures, to take a couple of examples). But I look at them all.

If you feel that you are throwing images into a black hole, then look at
the visitor logs to your site, and you will see how many people come to
look and where they come from. I do that sometimes, and I too see that
the vast majority of visitors to my site do not leave comments. That is
normal, and I am OK with it--I know that people look, and that is important.

Nathan