Subject: [Leica] PAW and posting pictures
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Aug 26 00:19:07 2005

My reasons are my own, I guess.  I have been always a believer that seeing
a posted picture is a lot better talking about "Leica is better Canon" or
vice versa, so I tend to share a number of my pictures. Some of them are
for purely gag values (e.g. the ones with the giant headed dog with the
VC15). If pictures like those bring smiles to some of you, I think they
serve their purpose. Some I do want comments if possible, e.g. the ones
from the PAWs. One thing I do notice is that at least 50% of the
constructive comments on my PAWs are things that I notice myself so I guess
at least I am not that blind in that sense. Lastly, I share some pictures
that are part of my life, e.g. Taiko drum building, costuming etc. I think
some of the events and places that I go to are fairly unique and different
from most of your experience so I thought sharing them may be enjoyable to
some of you.

I have no illusion that I am a good photographer in any sort of caliber. I
do OK I guess. I know most pictures I post are in the category of "So, it's
a picture of XYZ, what about it?" rather than the really PRO caliber stuff
that we see from others. I happen to enjoy spending time and money on this
hobby. I don't spend money on much anything else and my wife is more than
supportive. She knows I work hard and this is one of the few ways I spoil
myself. I keep pushing that shutter and if I happen to work 14 hours day
and haven't seen sunshine the whole day? Well, I can push the shutter on
the R-D1 without feeling wasting a frame. Yes, I even sometimes fondle the
Ms and focusing on nothing just to see how good the rangefinders and how
smooth the lens are.

Having said that, I probably am posting a bit much, both picture wise and
posting wise. So I should probably slow down either of those activities.