Subject: [Leica] Ted Gramt: Storm Wimp
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Aug 28 16:09:11 2005

At 11:51 AM 8/28/05 -0700, Ted Grant wrote:
>Jeffery,
>Like others have posted, leave if at all possible! Don't try to second
>guess
>Mother Nature! Certainly this time. Why! Simply because we are experiencing
>weather conditions around the planet like never in the past or as violent
>these days. Quite often fooling even the most experienced weathermen and
>their electronic gadgets.

Damn, Ted!  The worst hurricane to ever hit the Western Hemisphere in
recorded history was that encountered by Columbus on his third expedition
and you had told me that you were "the official chiseler" on that run,
though I still have some uncertainty as to exactly what your role was on
that voyage:  were you simply making engravings of Columbus'
accomplishments or were you the guy in charge of, well, to be polite, graft
and corruption?

You are to my knowlege the sole survivor of the last Ice Age still in our
number, and we must regard your comments with great care.  You saw the fall
of the Neanderthal, you saw the demise of the Mammoth and witnessed the
early Native American Agrarian Reformers doing in the Mastodon and the
American Horse.  You have been there and have done that and you probably
still have in your hands that tee-shirt marked, "What a Shock!  Asteroid
Hits Earth 60 million BC!"

There was a song, forty years back, about the universal soldier.  You are
truely the universal optimist and universal commentator, and we love you
for it.

But, really, tell us the truth:  was the London Fire of 1667 a more
distressing event than the Chicago fire of 1868?  Enquiring minds want to
know, and we do enjoy knowing from someone who witnessed both, while
chiselling away.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505

Message from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] OT NOLA Katrina)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT NOLA Katrina)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] OT NOLA Katrina)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] OT NOLA Katrina)