Subject: [Leica] #308
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Sep 11 11:21:19 2005

GeeBee wrote:

> From: "Peter Dzwig" <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
>

> Subject: Re: [Leica] #308
>

>>GeeBee wrote:
>>
>>>Leica IIIf : 50mm Summitar f2 : red filter : Kodak T400CN
>>>http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05308.htm
>

>>Are you working these in photoshop, or are you using a fairly deep red
>>filter
>>(which one)? I don't find it easy to get this sort of sky on BW 400CN so
>
> (if I
>
>>believe Kodak) I guess that it must be that you are mastering PS as well
>>as landscape photography.

> -------------------------
>

>>Hi Peter,
>

>>I bought some filters for the Summitar one of which was red. It looked dark
>>to me but I went with 3 stops compensation and rated the T400 CN at 50. It
>>wasn't enough and I lost a couple of good shots from being way too dark.
>
> The
>
>>shots that I have used needed a bit of work.
>

>>The filter is marked Rh and I think 4 maybe 4.5 stops would have been more
>>appropriate.

> ---------------------------
>
> This is Kodak T400 CN with a red filter (x8) but OT gear:
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05309.htm
>
> --Graham

Not sure that I don't like that one better...just a shane about the kit ;-)

Reason that I ask os that I have been having difficulty finding a red that I
like for either Summitar or Summaron. I do have a red (25a) for my elmar but
that always seems to me too deep.

thanks for the advice.

Peter

Message from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Tall ships - sepia toned)