Subject: [Leica] Re: stop the whining..
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 18 18:44:59 2005

marvelously said, ted -- it is far too easy to become an equipment freak and
think that this lens or that will make "good" images. This ignores the fact
that it is the photographer creating the image, not the camera -- if you
can't
see a good image and figure out a way to capture it with the lens you have
on
your camera -- a 50 -- then you need to go back to basic photo 101.

Too many people get expensive and very wide or tele lenses and thing the
wide
or tele effect is giving them good photos -- sorry, what it gives you is
mediocre or bad wide or tele lenses. A "normal" lens is normal for a very
good
reason -- it distorts the least and allows the photographer to caputer what
he
sees most easily.

But the key word there is "sees."

You gotta see the image or all is for naught.

c trentelman