Subject: [Leica] trip to France
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Wed Sep 21 20:26:14 2005

I will be traveling to a conference in St. Malo France the first week in
October.  I will fly into CDG in Paris on the first and take the train to
St. Malo, changing trains once on the way (a 3hr ride).  It will be my (and
the wife) first visit to France and would like to take in the local sights
before and after the conference.

Can anyone recommend any photogenic sights in the St. Malo area that we
might catch?  I will be traveling light, photographically, with only M7 and
3 lenses (28,50,90) in a small kit. I will be using only B&W film, probably
Tri-X but I might bring some Acros for outside and open shade.

I speak not a word of French, only English and a bit of German.  This is
quite exciting for us as we have been hopeless provincials for most of our
60-something years.

Am I likely to run afoul of the French privacy laws or image copyright laws
pertaining to ordinary street shooting and photographing historical sights?

I await your collective wisdom....

TIA

JB

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] trip to France)