Subject: [Leica] Signs
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sat Dec 10 19:07:24 2005

Ric:
My hometown is Everetts which is on Rt 64 about 6 miles west of Williamston.
The building I'm referring to is located in Everetts.  I'm very familiar
with Bethel.  Now that they've got the large four lane highways bypassing
the small towns, you have to get off and go look.  When you do, the signs
are there...so are the old factories, the old ball fields, the old filling
stations, the old high schools (before consolidation), and the old
cemeteries.  They're all there waiting to be discovered again.  I remember
seeing your posts a few months ago about your show at Goose Creek.  My folks
have a place at Pamlico Beach which is (as I'm sure you know) about 30 miles
due east of Little Washington. It's about one mile from Wades Point where
the Pungo and the Pamlico merge into the Pamlico Sound.   I grew up in
Martin County, went to NC State, taught for a few years, and then left for
Pennsylvania to attend graduate school.  I finished at PSU in 1993 and now
live in Lancaster, PA.

I visited Pamlico Beach over Thanksgiving and will be in Everetts &
Williamston between Christmas and New Years.  My parents still live at the
homeplace...a former tobacco farm just north of Everetts near a small
airport.

What about you?  I'd be interested to learn more about your time around
Martin County.

Robert