Subject: [Leica] Bogus M2-R Auction
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Feb 21 00:17:05 2006

There were, I believe 3 classic camera shops in Pied Bull yard. One
is Jessops Classics, a branch of the UKs biggest camera retailer. My
experience of them is that their prices are high for the condition
which is generously described. I have never seen anything in there
worth the asking price. The second went bust over 5 years ago. They
had really interesting stock and some real jems but were unable to
make a business of it. The other was Classic Camera, the first time I
went there it was Leica and Minox only and they had the best stock of
new Leica I had ever seen and some lovely old items conservatively
described and fairly priced. I haven't bought anything there this
century :-) until I ordered a tri-elmar from them yesterday. Perhaps
the business has changed hands.
Frank

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Bogus M2-R Auction)