Subject: [Leica] Jupiter 8 Russian Lens Comments
From: rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure)
Date: Wed Mar 1 18:33:48 2006

Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience with my latest lens acquisition --
a Jupiter 8 50 2.8 in LTM.  I paid $62 for this baby from Fedka.com and
I am very impressed.  The build quality is excellent; it looks and
feels a lot like the Summicron I sold to fund other purchases.  The
finish is  good and focusing is smooth. The glass is spotless and it
looked new.   I miss the focusing tab, but given the price difference,
I can live without it.  I 've only gotten one roll through it so far,
but have been please with a couple low light shots and some of my
favorite tree pictures.  I also bought the round metal lens hood and it
probably will work well enough, but it is pretty bulky compared to the
vented round hood I had on my Summicron.  This is one of the few
Leica-related accessories I've purchased since going digital (the other
being a Russian 50 Elmar clone), but at these prices, I can justify
expanding my film equipment.

Rob McClure

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Jupiter 8 Russian Lens Comments)
Reply from jcyleung8 at shaw.ca (Joe Leung) ([Leica] Jupiter 8 Russian Lens Comments)