Subject: [Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Mar 22 18:01:20 2006

Scott,
For a brief month or two in December of 2004 Nikon sold a lot of D70's, a
whole lot.  Since then they haven't sold proportionally a lot of boxes.  The
D2X is doing so well they have a $500 rebate on it to move a few boxes.
D200 production is so pathetic the rumor is that Nikon is holding them until
April so that the first quarter of the fiscal year will be huge; meantime,
photographers in need of a tool have little recourse but brand C.  Nikon
point and shoots are doing so well that the 4600 was blown out at $139 by a
major chain(this is below most dealers cost) the new save the company P1 has
seen its price cut to $300 from $449 after being on the market for something
like five months.  Now they have a whole new line of cameras that make every
other P&S obsolete so they will also be heavily discounted on Nikon's tab.
I took a look at their line at PMA and it is nothing special so should not
take a major market share.

If Nikon is going to stay in the camera business the D200 must be huge and I
must be totally wrong about the P&S line up, not just a little wrong.  :)

Don
don.dory@gmail.com