Subject: [Leica] 50 mm lenses
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed May 24 20:31:26 2006

Greg,
The yellow cleaned up so it is not decaying balsam.  Another way to test the
lens is to leave it on a piece of film(the thorium element were in the front
group) for say a day and process the film.  No fog, no radiation, nice
circular fog, then indeed a yellow glass Summicron.

It really doesn't matter, the signature of both sets of lenses is very
similar with the latter design somewhat superior as they could use the high
diffraction elements in the last group when it became radiation free.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com