Subject: [Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 20:52:16 2006

In a message dated 6/15/2006 4:53:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
Afterswift@aol.com writes:
I assume the problems Canon solved in the reflex design were akin to those
in a Leica RFDM. It's just a question of when the 35mm RF sensor will be
adapted  and will arrive at Solms and how much Canon will charge for them. I
hope
Leica  will retain the mechanical front end of the M. So we're off to the
main
event in  digital.

Bob

Bob,

You forget, that Kodak also has a full frame sensor, and they supply the
sensor for the DMR and from what I remember the one going into the DM.  If
it was
possible, then Leica could use their sensor.  It is not the same animal due
the lens designs and other problems, identified by Leica, Zeiss and others.

Gene