Subject: [Leica] a day at the dirt track
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Wed Jun 28 14:58:39 2006

Philippe wrote:
>You're getting very close to -if not you are capturing already- le
>moment decisif, would that be an ambition of yours.

Sure it is, and many thanks Philippe, you're much too generous, but I'm a
long way from it. Here's how you'll know when my sense of timing has
properly improved: one of my life's ambitions is to start and maintain a
growing gallery of guys spitting. Around here, there's no lack of
opportunity, just lack of ability. If I had been really on, I would have
gotten the shot where that dog the driver is holding took a nip at the
hyperactive kid who went to pet him.

The feedback on my last two posts has been very warming, thanks guys, so
I'll keep 'em coming. It's always been my habit to bust out work in the
summer, because during the other nine months the job keeps me sleep
deprived. I just wish B.D. didn't have the knack of nailing exactly that
image whose negative I'm most embarassed about. I think he does it to keep
me honest.

OH! a heads-up!
I hope nobody listened to my suggestion about using waxed paper, instead of
plastic, as an air seal on bottles of Xtol; they react badly to each other.
My film comes out dotted all over with what looks like yellow spots on the
wet film, but on scanning show as donut-shaped areas of hyper-development.
At least I hope that's what is causing it.

Arche