Subject: [Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Jul 13 07:02:27 2006

Daniel

The only the experience I have is making business from Switzerland and
having clients in Germany. I wanted to behave correctly, but it was a heavy
mess, or let's say impossible, not to pay the taxes 2x. Germany took 15%
source tax (Quellensteuer) with no exception; but in Switzerland I had to
pay the full tax on the full amount again.

I had spent a lot of money for juridical and financial consulting in both
countries. No one could really help me, though both countries have an
anti-double-taxing agreement. I had written about one dozen of letters to
the Finanzamt in Hamburg. Every answer took at least 2 months and just
repeated there's no way to bypass their source tax. Finally they forced me
to cheat.

The easiest way would be, keep your papers in Sweden, go to the USA as
tourist, let the people pay through Paypal, download the cash to your
swedish bank account and tax it there (if ever). Paypal is not a bank and
the US government will never check that. If your clients insist on a
invoice, adress it from sweden.

Didier

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US)