Subject: [Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Jul 13 07:38:30 2006

>Pay the taxes, don't play games.  Find a good US tax accountant who can
>help you work through tax issues.

Seems like Unle Sam is a bit tougher on that, than european countries. In
this case I recommend to avoid paying taxes in Sweden. Otherwise, an
unjustifiable double tax payment will happen for shure, eating up to the
half of your income.

The finance ministries of each country will insist on their taxes and refer
you to the other, and vice versa, regardless of anti-double-taxing
agreements (which are not worth the paper their are printed on). I have
tried that game for several years until I forced my clients to pay directly
on my account here and that they had to declare this as foreign payment.

But still not shure if the US gov has access to Paypal account data.

Didier

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US)