Subject: [Leica] Paying to shoot
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Jul 17 06:29:40 2006

At 04:49 AM 7/17/2006, you wrote:
>Why should the rules be different between press work and stock work?
>Well, it's arguable that press work is for the public good, whereas
>stock work is primarily for the photographer's good.

Not really, many of my "stock photos" end up in newspapers and news
magazines.  Almost all of my photos are sold for editorial use.  Many
of the photos that appear on the front page of your newspaper were
bought from "stock" agencies.  Many newspaper photographers sell
their out-takes as stock.  There's just no clear line anymore between
press work and stock work.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com