Subject: [Leica] Re:DSLR advice....Leica glass on 20D
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Aug 1 06:57:16 2006

The 5D is not the same body as the 20D, from what i have read, it uses the
EOS 3 body.  Also the full frame Canons cannot use the wider Leica lenses
due to rear element intrusion.  Ken the 30D is the replacement for the 20D
and is a very nice body.  I almost bought it, but ended up opting for the
Nikon D200, which while cannot use Leica R glass, it is very nice and can
use all older Nikkors with AI and AIS with complete meter functionality.

Gene

-------------- Original message from "Christopher Williams"
<leicachris@worldnet.att.net>: --------------